(Proceed with caution! These brownies have been known to bring chocoholics to their knees :))
1 lb butter
6 oz of unsweetened chocolate
16 oz semi-sweet chocolate
(Hint: each baker’s chocolate square is 1 oz)
3 tablespoons instant coffee
2 teaspoons of vanilla
(real vanilla extract. Yes, it matters!)
2 ¼ cups of white sugar
1 ¼ cup flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips (or peanut butter chips!!)
- In a medium size bowl, melt together the semi-sweet and unsweetened chocolate and the butter (I do this in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Careful not to burn the chocolate!)
- Toss chocolate chips with 1/4 cup of the flour.
- Combine remaining ingredients and add to melted chocolate mixture. Add floured chocolate chips to batter and stir well.
- Line a large cookie sheet (12 x 18) with buttered parchment paper (not waxed paper) and fill with brownie batter.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean! (Don’t overbake!)
Beware that this recipe makes a LOT of brownies… so plan to cut the recipe in half or share.